Tropical Vinyasa Kids + Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training
In this 20 hour training certification, you’ll learn how to develop and lead your own unique kid’s yoga class. Whether you are looking to expand your teaching expertise into the growing market of kids and baby yoga, or are simply looking to share your love of yoga with your kids in ways that excite and empower them, this training is for you.
- Creative techniques to calm, focus, and engage children.
- Exciting ideas for incorporating props, music, and games into a class.
- Fun and accessible approaches to teaching breath work.
- Approaches to teaching yogic philosophy and meditation to kids.
- Ways to create a lighthearted parent and child class combo.
- How to safely teach baby yoga stretches and movement.
- Overview of teaching prenatal classes.
Jan 14 + 15, 2017
Jan 21 + 22, 2017
Jan 28 + 29, 2017
Saturdays and Sundays from 1:30pm - 4:30pm
Additional 2 to 4 hours of kids yoga class practicum on weekdays
Courtney has been teaching adult yoga and movement for many years, but began her yoga instructor career with kids yoga. She’s been teaching kids of all ages ever since in schools, yoga studios, not-for-profts, camps, and private sessions. With two young boys of her own, she recognizes firsthand the benefits that yoga has not only for kids, but for parents too, especially when they practice together, and has created classes that include parents in the fun, both with older kids and for babies. Her baby and me classes are much sought after by new mamas who are happy to get in an actual practice while boding with their babies and helping them discover their little bodies. Teaching kids yoga helps Courtney stay flexible in her mind, not take herself too seriously, and live in the moment - the only time that matters with kiddos!